1. Southside-Kanye West and Common. From the “Prelude to Graduation” mixtape. And with this, I eagerly await the 9/11 release of Graduation.
2. George Bush Don’t Like Black People-Kanye West and Legendary K.O. And with that, I even more eagerly await Kanye’s press tour.
3. You Never Even Call Me By My Name (David Allan Coe cover)-Band of Horses. Their second album drops soon, and it may be the most anticipated indie rock album of the year. (By me, at least.)
4. Funeral music (Cam’Ron dis)-50 Cent. Come on, admit you’re curious. There’s bound to be at least 2 good bangers on it.
5. All You Need is Love (Beatles cover)-Rogue Wave. They make solid pop, and I’m looking forward to the Asleep At Heaven’s Gate album.
6. Rilo, Feist, M.I.A., . . . They all let me down this year. All were capable of better. In particular, Rilo Kiley’s album was short and still felt like there wasn’t enough there. I mean, these gals can sing, but none of them released solid records. Some really tight singles, but no great albums.
7. Such Great Heights (Postal Service cover)-Rilo Kiley.
8. Lover’s Spit-Feist (live)
9. Arctic Monkeys’ sophmore album, on the other hand, still kicks ass. If you haven’t heard/bought it yet, do it now. Diamonds are Forever-Arctic Monkeys.
10. And where the fuck are We Are Scientists? Cash Cow-We Are Scientists with Alex Turner of Arctic Monkeys.