1. I want to bring your attention to a new-to-me blog Aural Fitness . It’s very similar in content to this one, posting on songs done by the Clash, Brother Ali, and more. I’m recommending the blog because I just discovered it and really like it, not just because they gave me shout-outs. There’s something weird about it–like they don’t accept comments unless you register or something–but go check it out.
Plus, they actually posted the Ben Gibbard cover of Billy Bragg’s St. Swithin’s Day that I said I’d posted but never did.
So you see? Eventually I tell the truth!
St. Swithin’s Day-Ben Gibbard (Billy Bragg cover)
Here’s more truth:
2. I wasn’t kidding before when I asked you guys to take the e-music best of 2006 survey (it’s like 6 questions or something–real short) and write in Berkeleyplace as the best blog out there. I’ve been blogging for years and yet I seem not to be taken as seriously as guys like Gorilla vs. Bear and I Am Fuel . . . And my fragile ego needs an uplift. Actually, it doesn’t. Fuck that. Still, if you did write me in that would be cool. Or don’t. I don’t care. Or maybe I do? Naw. That’s a lie. Yeah? Naw.
3. Takin’ Retards to the Zoo-Dead Milkmen.
4. My wife is turning into an anglophile.
She loves anything on the BBC channel, including those two fat ladies who clean disgusting houses. Seems to me BBC offers the same stuff US TV offers. Yet somehow I think people feel smarter when they read stuff spoken in a British accent.
5. Fiddy’s album won’t drop soon. It’s been pushed back. 50 says it’s to give them time to reach the international market, whatever the hell that means, but we all know the truth: The three singles that “leaked” are laaaaaaaame. Nothing but bling and bragging. Fiddy has never been as good as he was on “How to Rob and Industry Nigga,” but at least he made some witty club tunes like “Hate It Or Love It” and “P.I.M.P.” The new joints are just boring.
6. And speaking of rap . . . Just Can’t Get Enough-Depeche Mode (Dirty South remix)
7. Anyway, V for Vendetta is a highly underrated film.
8. Can’t Help Falling In Love (Elvis cover)-Pearl Jam.